Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everything was perfect...

Except for one thing...
We came home to a flooded, not once, but three times apartment. Once we entered the good old USA, I received a text from my brother about the situation. LUCKILY, we had him housesit and he was able to get everything out before it got damaged. So upon landing in Salt Lake at midnight, we learned we would not be spending the night at our apartment. Instead, we set up shop at Nick's house with the whole famdamily!
The next morning, we looked at the apartment, smelled the AWFUL mold, nearly tripped over the warped wood floors, and realized this was NOT the place for us (because my dad, as a general contractor, knew this was NOT the first time this has happened - even though our innocent-looking 92 year old landlord tried to tell us it had never happened before, well, maybe 2 or 3 or 7 times...)

Now I want to bring you back to about 3 weeks before our wedding. Follow me...

We checked out this place Nick's uncle suggested, which turned out to be my friend's old place! But, it was not terribly desirable. So, despite this VERY strong feeling that this was a good place for us, I decided I wanted to keep looking around, just to see what else was out there. Well, I found a place I liked and we jumped on it. Despite my pushing to get everything moved in before our wedding, I couldn't get my other half to do a dang thing! So, we were half moved in as we boarded the plane to Mexico.

Back to present...

We decided THAT day that this place was not the best place for us and it wasn't where we were supposed to be. We felt strongly that we needed to call the other place we had looked at before. That night, in adherence to Nick's REAL SALT LAKE soccer obsession, we decided to go to the game last minute even though we were still homeless. We sat RIGHT IN FRONT of the people we were planning to call about their apartment! They said they were still doing some work on it so no one had taken it. We nearly shouted, "we'll take it!" They needed a week to finish their work, but said we could have it.

They re-did EVERYTHING and it's SO LOVELY! We are so happy here and finally have a place to call home. Moral of the story: The Lord knows where you need to be and He always takes care of you if you wander too far from His will. I feel silly for ignoring the prompting the first time, but grateful for second chances.



No comments: