Friday, December 19, 2008

PERU!!

It is official!! I am going to Peru this summer for a humanitarian service. I've known for a few months now and can hardly wait. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I think it will be an incredible experience... and what better time in my life than now to do it?! I've wanted to do something like this my whole life and can't believe the day is nearly here. I am going with an organization called YouthLINC. This year we will be building a library, teaching medical lessons, dental care, teaching school, and many other projects. I have heard so many great things about the people in Peru and can't wait to finally meet them and spend time serving them!!
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh Liz! I am so excited for you. That will be such a life changing experience. I miss your guts. We'll need to get together over this break.

Heather said...

Liz, how exciting! How long will you be there?

Justin said...

Hey! Cool blog my long lost friend! I'm excited for you to go down to Peru! You are going to love it. I kinda want to do something like that too over the summer. I miss South America. We'll see. I hope life is treating you well Liz. Later!

sara said...

liz! you are going to have such an amazing experience over there! im jealous that you get to do that! what on earth will i do without you? my parents just got back from peru and absolutely loved it. my mom said it was one of the greatest things she has ever done. you're amazing! love ya!

Becky said...

I'm soooooo excited for you!

Allyson said...

How exciting Liz! What a neat opportunity. I hope you have a wonderful time!