
Countless numbers of people have asked me lately if I am excited to graduate. In short, my answer is yes. But, am I really? The question always following the first is, "what are you going to do?" Is this question necessary? Am I supposed to know? The best I can say is that I might possibly have an idea of what my future will hold. Will that be enough to get me through all the criticizing of people who think I should have these things taken care of by now? Is it common to view graduation as more stressful than fun? Because it doesn't seem to be much fun for me. The only thing I miss about nursing school is that when you graduate, you become a nurse. It's that black and white. You don't have 50 million options to explore. Your career path has already been mapped out for you and you can be well on your way. Now don't get me wrong, I do not want to go back and become a nurse, but I did like the idea of knowing what I would do after graduation. The picture is all blurry now. The 2 things I have left to rely on are my Savior and the faith that He will help me, and my hard work. So, if you ask me what I want to do after graduation and I glare at you, do not take it personally. Just know that I am looking for the answers to that question and will gladly accept any input or advice you might have for me.
Then, as I drove away today hearing Macie yell, "I LOVE YOU LIZ!", I grinned and realized that life isn't so bad afterall.
1 comment:
Congratulations on graduating Liz! You could always come out to San Diego and look for a job here (of course you could crash at our place!)...ok, I guess I'm just trying to convince people to come out and visit us. :) Good luck with your upcoming decisions!
Post a Comment