Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tales of the 'dum dum' sucker


I walked into the bank the other day shortly after work, not realizing that my name badge boldy declaring that I am a personal trainer was still on. There was a mug full of dum dum suckers on the counter and I decided to grab one while the lady deposited my money. Keep in mind I don't really love suckers and don't crave them... ever. I just needed a little something to keep me going for the day and thought a sucker would do the trick. Little did I know that small sucker would bring me such shame. As I stood innocently licking the sucker, the conversation began...

Teller: "I have to say it..."
Me: "Yes?"
Teller: "You're a personal trainer and you're eating a sucker?"
Me: (Speechless - at this point I nearly spit the sucker out being caught off guard)
Me: "Yes I am"

I'm not really sure how the rest of the conversation played out word for word, but let's just say I told the woman that even personal trainers eat suckers once in a while. And yes, we even eat sugar cereal as I have actually been asked that once before as well. Ok, maybe I should re-word that, I sometimes eat things that are bad for me. I guess I can't speak for all the other trainers out there... but I think it's safe to assume the majority of them do not eat wheat grass and oatmeal every day. So if you ever see me somewhere eating something that does not 'practice what I preach', I apologize.

No comments: