Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful

This being the month of Thanksgiving, I want to share a couple things I am truly thankful for:
1. My eyesight- As I sat waiting for the trax one day there was this beautiful girl playing the most beautiful music on her flute. I then noticed that she was blind. We talked for a minute and I got thinking about what a blessing it is to have eye sight. I take it for granted way too much. I immediately got really sad thinking about what it would be like without eyesight. The hardest thing for me to imagine is not being able to see my beautiful little children one day. Having our eyes is such an amazing blessing; a true gift from God.
2. My health- I had a pretty big health scare this month. I started to get really sick and didn't know what was wrong. Thanks to many doctor visits and several different medicines, I am back to full health now. Our bodies are amazing. Only after when I found out that the sickness I had was potentially life-threatening and has actually ended a friend up in the hospital, did I realize what a blessing I received. I am so grateful the doctors were able to fix the problem before it may have put me in the hospital. Our bodies are so precious. Life is so precious. We must take care of it.

1 comment:

Lindsay Mecham said...

Beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.