Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reflections

I've had a lot of time to reflect. Two very dear friends ended up in the hospital this week, and if you know my history with hospitals, they are not my favorite place. It was so hard to see my sweetheart suffer through so much pain and I wished more than anything I could take some of it away. I hated that I couldn't seem to do anything by stay by his side. During Sacrament meeting this Sunday, I sat and reflected on the atonement. My heart filled as I realized that the Savior has felt every single one of our pains and sicknesses. It was an overwhelming feeling of love. He knows exactly what we have been through and what we will go through. I know he was there to comfort Sara(hope you don't mind if I mention your name cute girl) and Nick every minute. What a blessing it is to know that the Savior knows us perfectly and will stand by us in times of trial. I was comforted in knowing that my dear friends were being taken care of by someone who knew exactly how to.

I also reflected on just how precious our bodies are, as well as how precious our relationships with others are. To say the least, I have been very stressed and sad and upset over trying to find a job and career path after my recent graduation. I felt worthless telling people that I was working a measley few hours a week. A college graduate without anything to do... does that classify me into the 'loser' category? I sure felt that way. But I knew I was doing the best that I knew how at the time. This weekend, as I stayed with Nick, I remembered the things that matter most in my life. Our lives are not about the lifestyle we live, or rather the job that we have, but that our relationships are strong and healthy. Having that helps everything else to fall into place. We must take time for ourselves with our loved ones to rejuvenate and remember what life is about. I am so grateful for all of my dear friends and family in my life, and those of you that read this blog... that means you. Thanks for all you do and for your influence in my life. I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends being in the hospital. Having been there myself, it was good enough just to have someone there when I felt so helpless in the hospital bed. So keep on supporting your friends the best that you can by just being there!

Lindsay Mecham said...

Liz, thanks for sharing your insights and feelings; you are a wonderful example. :)