Friday, April 29, 2011

It must be finals week

In the last two weeks I have...

- Locked my keys in my car.
- Been told by 5 different people on 5 separate occasions that I'm looking really thin lately.

1. As for the keys, luckily they weren't lost on campus like I thought, but rather in my own car... in the IGNITION! Oh brother. Good thing I pay car insurance and it was a free service to open it. It took the guy just about 30 seconds to open the dang door - why don't I have those kinds of tools?! Note: in my 7 years of driving, this was the first time I locked my keys in the car. (Well, let's not talk about cadets when I locked the keys in the cadet car while it was running and had to call Rob in the middle of COMMAND meeting, and then listened to an eruption of laughter on the other end)

2. Now normally I'd be happy to be told I look thinner, but I'll tell you why that statement doesn't cause me to jump for joy:
#1. I haven't lost a single pound.
#2. I haven't been working out at the gym like I used to (darn school) so I'm probably wasting away muscle instead of fat.
#3. Between school and people asking me EVERY HOUR when I'm getting married I'm stressed to the max, so my face probably has a sunken look to it.
#4. I just bought some new jeans that look FABULOUS on me - and getting my legs to look thin is pretty much impossible. So I'm hiding behind my clothes.
#5. I work with cancer patients a lot and the hypochondriac in me thinks I have cancer when anything is wrong with me, so then I stress that looking thin is linked to a health condition and of course I go straight to cancer... I know, totally irrational.
#6. All I can think about all day is how my stomach seems to be folding over my pants in larger quantities than ever before... Nick says that's an irrational thought too, but I swear I can prove it!
Anyway, I could go on. The point is, if you read this post and expect to see me thinner next time we meet up, don't. You'll be sorely disappointed and then somehow you having in your mind that I'm skinnier will make me look all that much bigger...

So, Becky, count me in for no molasses May.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Liz, I hope you get to take a break after finals! You sound tired! I also locked my keys in my car for the first time about a month ago. Unfortunately it wasn't part of my car insurance so I had to pay an arm and leg for 30 seconds of labor. But hey, now it IS on my insurance coverage. Way to make it through your first year of grad school (it was your first year, right?)!

Becky said...

YEAH!!!! Lets do this! Its so true about finals, I had to actively think everyday to make sure my keys were put away. I would check three different times just to make triple sure. And I bought a pair of pants that I didn't quite fit into and they were $10 so I couldn't pass up that deal which means I gotta lose the muffin top!

Unknown said...

I promise not to bring up #3 again.