"Promise me you will always remember, you are braver than you believe...stronger than you seem...and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin
Monday, October 27, 2008
New Beginnings
I did one of the hardest things yesterday... said goodbye to my little primary kids. I was tough and didn't cry (until after), but when they all attacked me with the biggest hug I've ever received, I didn't want to let them go. What a tremendous blessing these kids have been to me over the past few years. They may not know it, but they have brought more joy and laughter to my life than I could ever express. Every week, being in their presence gave me new hope, especially during some very hard times I experienced this summer. There have been a lot of endings in my life lately. Goodbyes to people I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to yet and endings to what seemed to be an otherwise perfect situation. Yet, with endings come new beginnings. New opportunities, new hope, and new friendships. I will be honest and tell you that I am absolutely scared to death for the new beginnings. But I also know that if we can move forward in the time of most fear, we WILL succeed. It is during those times that we will grow exponentially. I truly believe that the way we act during the hard times and how we handle our trials shape us into the person we become. We cannot sit and cry and do nothing during the hard times and expect to get anywhere. I'm sure we all have done enough of that. We must find the joy that comes with experiencing a major disappointment in our lives. Can we have joy DURING that time? YES!! So although things seem to be falling apart, don't give up. Trust that the Lord has a unique and incredible plan for your life. I love this quote... "When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly." - Barbara Winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
what a great blog liz! i loved it. so true. the ending of things can be so hard and scary sometimes. its such a great thing to know that as long as we're doing our part everything will work out. love you liz! so glad you have a blog now!
Post a Comment