Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday brunch

For some reason, I've been craving waffles every Sunday for the last 3 months... Not to mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast foods.
Check this out! I know it's not pretty, but it was simply DELICIOUS! And it took me a total of 10 minutes to make this morning.

2 bananas, mashed

2 cups flour (I use 3/4 whole wheat and 1/3 white flour)

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 cups milk (reduce to 1 3/4 if you are not using ww flour)

1/3 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

Mash 2 bananas in a bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix. Add milk, oil, and eggs. Stir just until blended. Pour batter into waffle iron. Serve with fresh fruit and whipped topping, real maple syrup and walnuts or any way you like it. Enjoy!

***NOTE: I halved the recipe - because I cook for myself - and it made 3 waffles***

I'm all about real maple syrup, but it is PRICEY! So, here's a cheaper version of a little different syrup. It's real maple made with Agave (a natural sweetener). YUMMY!!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

mmm I LOVE breakfast. We've had it every Friday night for the last month. I don't know why it always sounds so good then.